SIM LEAGUE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SIM LEAGUE

HomeResultsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Scattered sims
Commish's Corner Emptyby Simjunkie Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:58 am

» UFA-Kael Mouillerat
Commish's Corner Emptyby Simjunkie Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:18 pm

» 2018-2019 Trade Block
Commish's Corner Emptyby xzel Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:59 pm

» Dallas Stars
Commish's Corner Emptyby mikaelbacklund Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:06 pm

» 2018-2019 Coaching Changes
Commish's Corner Emptyby beedub Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:22 pm

» UFA - Alex Radulov
Commish's Corner Emptyby beedub Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:15 pm

» slight delay
Commish's Corner Emptyby Markofalltrad Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:00 pm

» UFA - Jaccob Slavin
Commish's Corner Emptyby beedub Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:55 am

» 2018-2019 Approved Trades
Commish's Corner Emptyby beedub Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:53 am

» 2018-2019 Prospect Creation
Commish's Corner Emptyby xzel Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:31 pm

» UFA - Samuel Morin
Commish's Corner Emptyby AuthorityZero Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:47 pm

» Boxscores
Commish's Corner Emptyby ryanhb Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:48 am

» NHL rerates
Commish's Corner Emptyby AuthorityZero Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:00 pm

» UFA - Colton Parayko
Commish's Corner Emptyby xzel Fri May 27, 2016 9:06 pm

» UFA - Day 2
Commish's Corner Emptyby beedub Fri May 20, 2016 6:25 pm

Commish's Corner

Go down 
+4
Cap'n Clutch
gar
Markofalltrad
beedub
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
beedub

beedub

Commish's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Commish's Corner   Commish's Corner EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 1:46 pm

As we approach the end of season 1, with 8 teams about to engage in 4 sure to be stellar matchups, and given that my beloved Bruins are not involved ( Ahhhh! for f@#$ sake!), I thought I would cast an eye on the state of our league in general.

Earlier on in the season, there was doubt we would be able to sustain a 2nd season, as we were down to 12 contributing GM's, a few of the inactive teams were run down and without real talent. It looked bleak, I will admit.

Things then took a turn for the good, though, with the addition of otrebor13, .classic, and The Habs, who joined despite being unable to do any trades due to where we were in the season. I have no doubt the three of them will be heavy contributors.

Then we welcomed Cain back into the fold, to once again guide his Edmonton Oilers to glory (good luck Cain, lots of work to be done) and with Mark's notice that two more GM's are on board for season 2, that leaves us with 18 GM's.

18 teams guided by a GM, two inactive teams for future GM's.

The league is strong, and great!

A good natured good luck to the lucky 8 in a title hunt!!!

Beedub
Back to top Go down

Commish's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commish's Corner   Commish's Corner EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 4:51 pm

Hey everyone,

In preparation for the upcoming season I would like to get rid of the team hq's entirely. They seem redundant with the information on the portal.

In order to do this I need to make sure everyone's prospects are entered into the portal first. So please check the portal site for your prospect list and if anyone is missing please send me a PM.

I would like to finish this before the season ends.
Back to top Go down
Markofalltrad

Markofalltrad

Commish's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commish's Corner   Commish's Corner EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 5:06 pm

I manually went through and added 99% of them so there shouldn't be any additionals to enter
Back to top Go down
beedub

beedub

Commish's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commish's Corner   Commish's Corner EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 6:38 pm

please welcome simjunkie as our newest Toronto Maple Leaf GM. He will be hella active, I am very sure Laughing
Back to top Go down

Commish's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commish's Corner   Commish's Corner EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 10:24 pm

if tampa wins on monday, im going to sim all the ahl games all at once to progress to the next round. so get your lines in boys Very Happy
Back to top Go down
beedub

beedub

Commish's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commish's Corner   Commish's Corner EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 3:17 pm

SpezDispenser has been added as a temporary trade committee member, and will available to approve or disprove trades as posted
Back to top Go down
beedub

beedub

Commish's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commish's Corner   Commish's Corner EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 7:13 am

Talking trades again got me all hot and bothered, and I got distracted from the fact that there are still games being played.

In deference to the teams who are vying for the Apollo Cup, my apologies. I have removed all trades from the forum, and we'll keep that thread for after the post-season has concluded.

I have saved the trades made, and shall post them after the post season

Back to top Go down

Commish's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commish's Corner   Commish's Corner EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 9:13 pm

doing tomorrow's sim tonight. sorry for any inconvenience but i have a busy day tomorrow and wont have access to my computer at all.
Back to top Go down
beedub

beedub

Commish's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commish's Corner   Commish's Corner EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 4:02 pm

Please welcome redwingsgm as our latest gm
Back to top Go down
beedub

beedub

Commish's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commish's Corner   Commish's Corner EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 10:50 pm

KUDOS!

Once contraction is complete, we are at 100% capacity, with 20/20 teams properly staffed!

I can't tell you how pumped I am.

The offseason, and Season 2 will be grand.

Mind you it will be tough to beat season 1, where we are a mere week or so away from crowning our champion.

to Ottawa, North Bay, Tampa Bay, and San Jose, BEST OF LUCK GUYS
Back to top Go down
beedub

beedub

Commish's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commish's Corner   Commish's Corner EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 5:19 pm

We have a lot of new faces, so though it best to outline for everyone who your executive team consists of:

commisioner

beedub

Simmer

garblar

Executive board (league decisions)

beedub
Garblar
M_Christopher
sensGirl11

Trade Committee

beedub (trade poster)
garblar
M_Christopher (trade poster)
sensgirl11
spezdisperser (temp for off season)
seawaysensfan (temp for offseason)

Waivers

Sensgirl11 (poster)

UFA/ RFA

M_Christopher (final decision / moderator)
Back to top Go down
beedub

beedub

Commish's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commish's Corner   Commish's Corner EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 11:28 am

I understand that the action in the past 24 hours has been fast and furious, and that normally the pace is not normally so energized.

I had to supercede the the probationary process on a trade where an asset that had yet to be aquired, was traded.

I have made the one exception, as we are in the midst of a flurry. but seriously, don't trade assets until the post is marked 'processed' by garblar. That's your signal that a trade is official
Back to top Go down
beedub

beedub

Commish's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commish's Corner   Commish's Corner EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 1:55 pm

Neither hide nor hair has been heard from CBJ, so his pick will be BPA'ed
Back to top Go down

Commish's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commish's Corner   Commish's Corner EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 2:54 pm

portal is up to date following the dispersal draft. including all trades/signings

if you notice any discrepancies please let me know
Back to top Go down

Commish's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commish's Corner   Commish's Corner EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 3:03 pm

just a heads up. to make sure everyone knows how retirements work.

if someone retires with year(s) left on their contract AND that player signed his contract after turning 35, the team is stuck with the cap hit for that player for the duration of the contract.

retirement runs like this:

38 at end of season (50% chance to retire)
39 at end of season (75% chance to retire)
40 at end of season (99% chance to retire)

retirement are only done at the end of a season BUT players are aged right before the retirements are run, so a guy who is listed as 37 now has a 50% chance to retire at the end of the season
Back to top Go down

Commish's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commish's Corner   Commish's Corner EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 2:11 pm

to clarify waiver rules for the offseason:

you can send down anyone that is under 35 and makes 2.5M or less without them having to pass waivers
Back to top Go down

Commish's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commish's Corner   Commish's Corner EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 7:35 am

just to clarify about who can play in the AHL.

nobody making over 2.5M and over the age of 23 is able to play in the AHL at any time. it doesnt matter if they were in the AHL last season and their new contract puts them over that limit. if a player is over 23 and over 2.5M, they play in the NHL automatically.

also, guys who are 35+ cannot play in the AHL. same deal, if they were down there at 34 and turn 35, they come up.
Back to top Go down
beedub

beedub

Commish's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commish's Corner   Commish's Corner EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 8:24 am

As we have a new Montreal general manager in place, I think it's fair he have control of his assets.

Therefor, for the TRADES AWAITING APPROVAL only, the trades will be revoked. Naturally they can be negotiated with the new gm, ian*habs.

For the trades that have received the 3 approvals and have been 'processed' they are final, with no change.
Back to top Go down
beedub

beedub

Commish's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commish's Corner   Commish's Corner EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 8:09 am

Today, being the 1st day of the pre-season is the day that the admin panel is restored to the permanent 4.

beedub - commissioner
m_christopher - simmer
spezdisperser - Trade Committee
SensGirl11 - Trade Committee

We thank SeawaySensFan and SimJunkie for assisting us in the FA onslaught
Back to top Go down
Markofalltrad

Markofalltrad

Commish's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commish's Corner   Commish's Corner EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 11:25 am

Pre-season will start tonight good folks.

Had to input quite a few teams lines manually.
Back to top Go down
Markofalltrad

Markofalltrad

Commish's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commish's Corner   Commish's Corner EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 6:14 pm

Okay in order to get this thing moving.

Two things have to happen.

1) we have to freeze trades and the ufa filing (ufa part I've already froze on my end)

2) teams have to get me thier rosters.

I've updated the portal and you have until tomorrow night to get me line-ups, or i'll auto-your rosters.

Sorry but I.'m spending more time change rosters and what-not, and too many people are sending lines in PM's. If you have a computer that isn't a mac, you need to be using the SimonT software.

I've updated the portal, so please, if you haven't already get your lines in.
Back to top Go down
beedub

beedub

Commish's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commish's Corner   Commish's Corner EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 5:35 pm

In my role as cap watchdog, a big discprepancy has been discovered in Vancouver. Two players were allocated to the Canuck's minor league affiliate who are not minor-eligible. They are Antti Niemi, with a salary of $ 2,950,000 and Matt Greene, with a salary of $2,950,000. Also Donald Brashear is not eligible for waivers due to his age of 39.

A pm has been sent to marakh to clear up his cap immediately. Until such time that he does, JEFF CARTER has been suspended.

An even bigger discrepancy has been found in Calgary. Eric Staal's salary is off the booksdue to suspension , yet Calgary is less than 1 million away from the cap ceiling and two player Pekka Rinne and Marc Savard both making over the 2.5 million limit for the minors are in the minors.

Eric Staal has already been suspended. Further suspensions will result
Back to top Go down
Markofalltrad

Markofalltrad

Commish's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commish's Corner   Commish's Corner EmptyMon May 02, 2011 7:43 pm

There was an error with simont, so you'll notice your roster are a little messed up. If you haven't sent a line file in the last 2 days (excluding gms that made trades) please make and send in a new one, and ignore the waivers warning that pops up.

I'm able to track who has cleared waivers or who had been in the minors to start the season, so no funny business.

Thanks we'll make up for the delay's with a '3-day' sim tomorrow night.

Back to top Go down
beedub

beedub

Commish's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commish's Corner   Commish's Corner EmptyTue May 10, 2011 7:35 am

Please, when sending a pm with trade details to include the following:

First and Last name of each player
Year and from what team for each and every pick

Mark clearly what team gets which player

Back to top Go down
beedub

beedub

Commish's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commish's Corner   Commish's Corner EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 7:04 am

We are but 10 sim days away from the end of the regular season. We are about to embark on a thrilling post season.

As I do every season's end, I'd like to take a look at where we are.

it's tough to sim a hockey season through the summer, with vacations, heat and the like contirbuting to less attendance. No matter, the admin of GMsim knew this, so we soldiered on, and boom, here we are, heading into the post season, which is bound to be edge-of-your-seat exciting.

Will the league powerhouse, North Bay, who appears destined to capture the President's Trophy for most points, waltz through to the Apollo Cup Final? Will Bruins's winger Patrick Kane post as productively in the playoffs as he does in regular season play?

We will find out in a matter of days. Honestly, the Cup winner is wide open, could be anyone of 16 teams.

We hope to have the resign values posted prior to the start of the post-season, in order for GM's to start formulating their offseason plans when it comes to signing FA's or walking away from them.

I will post more on this next week.

This year, nothing will detract from the playoffs. No trades will be permitted to be posted in advance. Negotiate all you want, but nothing gets posted until notified on this board. Trades won't be permitted until after rerates are finished, so GM's have an accurate view of what they have.

LET'S DO THIS!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Commish's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commish's Corner   Commish's Corner Empty

Back to top Go down

Commish's Corner
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SIM LEAGUE :: GM Central Sim League :: Archives :: GMSHL V1-
Jump to: