SIM LEAGUE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SIM LEAGUE

HomeResultsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Scattered sims
Goalies and games played max Emptyby Simjunkie Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:58 am

» UFA-Kael Mouillerat
Goalies and games played max Emptyby Simjunkie Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:18 pm

» 2018-2019 Trade Block
Goalies and games played max Emptyby xzel Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:59 pm

» Dallas Stars
Goalies and games played max Emptyby mikaelbacklund Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:06 pm

» 2018-2019 Coaching Changes
Goalies and games played max Emptyby beedub Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:22 pm

» UFA - Alex Radulov
Goalies and games played max Emptyby beedub Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:15 pm

» slight delay
Goalies and games played max Emptyby Markofalltrad Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:00 pm

» UFA - Jaccob Slavin
Goalies and games played max Emptyby beedub Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:55 am

» 2018-2019 Approved Trades
Goalies and games played max Emptyby beedub Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:53 am

» 2018-2019 Prospect Creation
Goalies and games played max Emptyby xzel Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:31 pm

» UFA - Samuel Morin
Goalies and games played max Emptyby AuthorityZero Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:47 pm

» Boxscores
Goalies and games played max Emptyby ryanhb Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:48 am

» NHL rerates
Goalies and games played max Emptyby AuthorityZero Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:00 pm

» UFA - Colton Parayko
Goalies and games played max Emptyby xzel Fri May 27, 2016 9:06 pm

» UFA - Day 2
Goalies and games played max Emptyby beedub Fri May 20, 2016 6:25 pm

Similar topics

Goalies and games played max

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
beedub

beedub

Goalies and games played max Empty
PostSubject: Goalies and games played max   Goalies and games played max EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 6:50 pm

I have been a little lax with goalies and adhering to the 72 games max imposed for like forever.

While i take responsibility for not keeping up to date with this stat, i also expect GM's to police their own rosters.

It's not a new rule.

SO i have imposed a 10 game penalty for those goalies who trampled the limit. This is 10 total games, and WILL carry forth into the playoffs.

AS a result of these suspensions, many teams need new lines submitted.
Back to top Go down
just darby

PostSubject: Re: Goalies and games played max   Goalies and games played max EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 7:26 pm

islanders with yet another player suspended
Back to top Go down
indaboardz

indaboardz

PostSubject: Re: Goalies and games played max   Goalies and games played max EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 10:12 pm

kind of sucks that it gets enforced right before playoffs! Is there not a sim limit setting to automatically suspend a player who goes over?

Back to top Go down
beedub

beedub

PostSubject: Re: Goalies and games played max   Goalies and games played max EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:11 am

indaboardz wrote:

kind of sucks that it gets enforced right before playoffs!  Is there not a sim limit setting to automatically suspend a player who goes over?

There is not. It is the GMs responsibility to monitor and adjust his lineup.
Back to top Go down
indaboardz

indaboardz

PostSubject: Re: Goalies and games played max   Goalies and games played max EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 3:13 pm

Agree that if its not in the sim, then its the GM responsibility to monitor it BUT also the leagues responsibility to levy suspensions right after the 72 game played

Back to top Go down
beedub

beedub

PostSubject: Re: Goalies and games played max   Goalies and games played max EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 4:23 pm

indaboardz wrote:

Agree that if its not in the sim, then its the GM responsibility to monitor it BUT also the leagues responsibility to levy suspensions right after the 72 game played

They were levied after the fact. While I was late, it still is primarily the GMs responsibility ro make sure they don't go over
Back to top Go down
just darby

PostSubject: Re: Goalies and games played max   Goalies and games played max EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 8:53 pm

to me if they go over they should be suspended from that point on and then for the first round or else there is no reason to self monitor the league suspends them when they go over and you get them back for the playoffs wheres the incentive to do it yourself
Back to top Go down
indaboardz

indaboardz

PostSubject: Re: Goalies and games played max   Goalies and games played max EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:25 pm

per the rule book.....

While various leagues have different variations of this rule, the GMSHL has determined its own way to govern this. NO goalie can play more than 72 games total in the regular season. Any goalie that hits the combined 72 game mark will be benched until the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
just darby

PostSubject: Re: Goalies and games played max   Goalies and games played max EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 10:58 am

indaboardz wrote:

per the rule book.....

While various leagues have different variations of this rule, the GMSHL has determined its own way to govern this. NO goalie can play more than 72 games total in the regular season. Any goalie that hits the combined 72 game mark will be benched until the playoffs.

well my appologies for being wrong...
but still puts all the onus on bee to look after everyone elses team which isnt fair to him I would suggest a rewrite for next year. But for this year there is no way to 'fix' the issue with goalies playing too many games, with close playoff races would back ups have won those games it is impossible to know, but it is in the rules they cant play more then 72 games so it is on the individual gm to take that goalie out not rely on the commish to do it for them.
Back to top Go down
indaboardz

indaboardz

PostSubject: Re: Goalies and games played max   Goalies and games played max EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 2:37 pm

It actually is the job of the commish to enforce the rules, or a rules VP, CO or whatever

Back to top Go down
beedub

beedub

PostSubject: Re: Goalies and games played max   Goalies and games played max EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 7:48 pm

indaboardz wrote:

It actually is the job of the commish to enforce the rules, or a rules VP, CO or whatever

You are right, it is my responsibility, and i neglected to act when goalies were at 72 games, and that's my bad.

HOWEVER

If you are not paying attention to your roster, and you go over 72 games, you will pay the price. 10 games suspension.
Back to top Go down
xzel

xzel

PostSubject: Re: Goalies and games played max   Goalies and games played max EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 8:15 pm

These are the current teams with suspended goalies:

Bruins - Tuukka Rask (82GP)
Blackhawks - Frederik Anderson (79GP)
Avalanche - Semyon Varlamov (78GP)
Stars - Anton Khudobin (73GP, 72S)
Kings - Steven Mason (79GP)
Isles - Jonathan Quick (81GP)
Sens - Roberto Luongo (80GP)
Penguins - Carey Price (81GP)
Sharks - Corey Crawford (79GP)
Blues - Brian Elliot (82 GP)
Jets - Kari Lehtonen (80GP)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Goalies and games played max   Goalies and games played max Empty

Back to top Go down

Goalies and games played max
Page 1 of 1